• DON'T FORGET TO PURCHASE YOUR UV FILTER FOR THIS LENS, IT'S HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
This lense’s unique combination of an f/2 aperture with Vibration Reduction (VR) offers exceptionally low light photographic opportunities with a bright viewfinder image. AF-On, AF-L and Focus Pre-set functions can be controlled using buttons on the lens body for improved auto-focus control, a feature that is also aided by the fast and quiet Silent Wave Motor (SWM). VR enables hand held shooting at up to three stops slower than an equivalent non-VR lens. Four ED glass elements, including one Super ED glass keep the lens length to a minimum and help to minimize aberrations for sharp high contrast results.
* Super ED and ED lens elements for low refractive index and reduced dispersion
* Dual Mode Vibration Reduction
* SWM (Silent Wave Motor) for quiet, high-speed auto-focus
* Exclusive M/A option for instant manual focus override during AF
* AF Switch enables easy selection of settings: AF-L, AF-ON, Focus Preset
* Meniscus protective glass
* Rubber mount gasket, tough magnesium construction
* Focuses down to just 1.9m
* Environmentally friendly glass
13 elements in 9 groups (with three ED glass and one Super ED glass elements, and Nano Crystal Coat)
Angle of view
12°20’ (8° with Nikon DX format)
Minimum focus distance
1.9 m/6.2 ft.
Maximum reproduction ratio
No. of diaphragm blades
Diameter x length
(extension from lens mount)
Approximately 124 x 203.5 mm/4.9 x 8.0 in.
Approximately 2,930 g/103.4 oz.
Dedicated slip-on front lens cap, Rear Lens Cap LF-4, Lens Hood HK-31, Semi-soft Case CL-L1, Dedicated slip-in filter holder, 52mm Screw-on Neutral Color NC Filter, Strap LN-1