• Super thin standard zoom eq to 27-76mm in 35mm, with retractable mechanism for more compacity and portability
• Dependable weather-resistant construction against water infiltration
• Smooth, quiet autofocus operation driven by a built-in DC motor
• HD Coating to optimize light transmittance and minimize reflection
• Round shaped diaphragm to produce beautiful bokeh
• Super Protect coating of the front lens element for effective protection
• Fast manual focusing in AF mode with Quick Shift focus system
• Ultracompact with only 41mm height
• Equipped with a push button to prevent wrong operation
• Lenshood included
• DON'T FORGET TO PURCHASE YOUR UV FILTER FOR THIS LENS, IT'S HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
HD PENTAX-DA 18-50mm F4-5.6 DC WR RE - Description
The HD PENTAX-DA 18-50mm F4-5.6 DC WR RE, designed for use with PENTAX K-mount lens-interchangeable digital cameras. This standard zoom lens features a newly developed retractable mechanism for easy storage and outstanding portability, as well as a weather-resistant construction for dependable operation under all shooting conditions.
This standard zoom lens has been developed as a compact, easy-to-use everyday lens that meets user demand for a downsized, high-resolution digital SLR imaging system. Thanks to its retractable mechanism — employed for the first time in the PENTAX K-mount lens system — it provides the world’s shortest length in the stored position: just 41 millimeters*. Despite its ultra-compact design that assures outstanding portability, it also features the PENTAX-original HD Coating, super-low dispersion glass elements and aspherical elements to effectively compensate various aberrations for sharp, high-contrast, well-balanced images. Its built-in DC motor assures smooth, quiet autofocus operation, while its weather-resistant body makes it extremely dependable and durable in demanding outdoor conditions.
* The world’s shortest standard zoom lens for use with digital SLR cameras (as of February 1, 2015, based on RICOH IMAGING research)
The world’s shortest standard zoom lens
This standard zoom lens offers a zoom ratio of approximately 2.8 times to cover the wide-angle to standard ranges (for focal lengths equivalent to 27.5mm to 76.5mm in the 35mm format), which are the most frequently used ranges in general photographic applications. Thanks to its new retractable mechanism, it measures a mere 41 millimeters in length in the stored position — the world’s shortest for a standard zoom lens — to assure outstanding portability in combination with today’s downsized digital SLR camera body.
Dependable weather-resistant construction
This lens features a dependable weather-resistant construction with nine special seals to effectively prevent the intrusion of water into the interior. By pairing it with a weather-resistant PENTAX digital SLR camera body, the user is assured of a durable, reliable digital imaging system that performs superbly in demanding shooting settings — even in the rain or mist, or at locations prone to water splashes or spray.
Exceptional image rendition to accommodate latest digital SLR cameras
Incorporating super-low dispersion glass elements and aspherical elements in its 11-element/eight-group optics, this lens effectively compensates various aberrations for high-contrast, high-resolution, fine-detailed images with minimal color bleeding.
HD Coating to improve image description
This lens is treated with the high-grade, multi-layer HD Coating.* Compared with conventional multi-layer coatings, this PENTAX-original coating assures less reflection and higher light transmittance to deliver bright, high-contrast images free of flare and ghost images, even under demanding lighting conditions such as backlight.
* HD stands for High Definition
Quick-Shift Focus System
This lens is equipped with the PENTAX-developed Quick-Shift Focus System, which allows the user to instantly switch to manual-focus operation, even when the camera’s AF system is in operation.
• SP (Super Protect) Coating applied to the front surface of the lens to effectively repel water and grease
• Smooth, quiet autofocus operation, driven by the built-in DC motor
• Rounded diaphragm to produce a smooth, beautiful bokeh (defocused) effect, while minimizing the streaking effect of point light sources
• Low-profile lens hood (included),designed for easy carrying without the need to remove it from the lens for
Note: Designs and specifications are subject to change without notice
Focal Length 18-50mm
Equivalent to 35mm format 27.5-76.5mm
Maximum aperture F4-5.6
Minimum aperture F22-32
Number of Diaphragm Blades
Rounded aperture (18mm: F4-5.6 / 50mm: F5.6-8)
Diaphragm Control: Fully automatic
Angle of View 76-31.5°
Construction 11 elements in 8 groups
Smallest object distance 0.3m
Filter size 58mm
Weight Approx. 158g (with hood Approx. 165g)
Dimensions (Length x Diameter) Approx. 41mmx71mm
HD Coating • SP (Super Protect) Coating • Weather Resistant
DC motor • Quick-shift Focus System