• Revolutionary acoustic design, delivering a natural, uncoloured sound.
• Extremely lightweight (just 76g), short shotgun microphone (just 203mm), making it far easier to handle on set than other shotgun mics, especially when used on a boom pole.
• Tailored frequency response and very low self-noise of just 10dbA, making it ideal for location recording, professional filmmaking, and other critical recording situations.
• Highly directional supercardioid polar pattern and smooth off-axis response.
• RF-bias technology and conformal coating ensure superior performance in adverse weather conditions.
• Comes in a complete location recording kit with windshield, pistol grip and other accessories – the NTG5 is ready to take into the field right out of the box.
Ten Year Warranty Applies When You Register!
The NTG5 is a short, ultra-lightweight shotgun microphone ideal for use in the most demanding recording applications. Featuring a revolutionary acoustic design with circular ports replacing the linear slots found in other shotgun mics, it offers unmatched transparency and a more natural, uncoloured sound. Combined with a tightly controlled frequency response, smooth off-axis response, and very low self-noise (just 10dBA), the NTG5 sounds spectacular in a wide variety of applications, particularly location recording and demanding filmmaking scenarios where superlative audio is the imperative. No excuses.
The NTG5 is a boom operator’s dream, weighing a mere 76g and measuring just over 20cm, making it ideal for use on long, demanding shoots. It also features RF-bias circuitry to ensure reliable performance in adverse environments, with excellent resistance to high humidity, severe cold, damp, and dust. The perfect location recording mic.
Revolutionary Acoustic Design
The NTG5’s body design has been completely overhauled, with circular acoustic ports replacing the linear slots found in other shotgun mics. The revolutionary design – the result of many months of specialised testing – delivers unmatched acoustic transparency, and a natural, uncoloured sound that will sound superb in a wide variety of applications.
A Boom Operator’s Dream
The NTG5 features a short, super-lightweight aluminium body (just 76g!), making it one of the most compact professional shotgun mics out there – a dream for boom operators who find themselves on long shoots, or filmmakers and sound recordists looking for a more portable and lightweight rig that delivers broadcast-grade audio.
The Perfect Location Recording Mic
With a tightly controlled frequency response, low self-noise, highly directional supercardioid polar pattern, and smooth off-axis response, the NTG5 sounds spectacular in a wide variety of applications, while RF-bias technology and conformal coating ensure superior performance in harsh environmental conditions. It’s the perfect mic for location recording and demanding filmmaking scenarios where superlative audio is imperative. No excuses.
|ACOUSTIC & ELECTRICAL SPECIFICATION|
|20 Hz – 20 kHz|
|80 Hz - 20 kHz ±3 dB|
|Signal to noise Ratio|
|10 dB SPL (A-weighted, as per IEC651)|
|Input SPL @ 1% THD|
|130 dB SPL (1kHz @ 1% THD, 600 Ω load)|
|2 mA @ 48V phantom power|
|-23.5 dB re. 1 Volt/Pascal or Better (66 mV @ 94 dB SPL @ 1 kHz)|
|Dimensions (L x W x H, mm)|
|NTG5: 203 x 19|
|PG2-R:117 x 60 x 240|