Sigma 50mm F:1.4 EX DG HSMWe Recommend a UV Filter
- DON'T FORGET TO PURCHASE YOUR UV FILTER FOR THIS LENS, IT'S HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
- DP Review gives the Sigma 50mm F:1.4 DG HSM lens a rating of 92% for it's high quality and exceptional performance
Standard lens with large maximum aperture of F1.4.
- It creates sharp images with high contrast and ensures superior peripheral brightness.
- Incorporates molded glass aspherical lens, perfectly correcting coma aberration and creating superior image quality.
- Super multi-layer lens coating reduces flare and ghosting.
This is a large aperture prime lens with a standard focal length of 50mm, ideal for all digital SLR cameras. This lens has superior peripheral brightness even at the maximum aperture and corrects a possible sagittal coma flare. This lens is perfectly suited for a wide range of subjects enabling outstanding, sharply defined images against a nicely blurred background. The fast, F1.4 aperture makes this lens desirable for use with Digital SLR cameras. This lens effectively becomes an 80mm medium telephoto lens on digital cameras with APS-C size image sensors. The optimum optical design and molded glass aspherical lens elements provide excellent correction for all types of aberrations. The super multi-layer lens coating reduces flare and ghosting. Superior optical performance is also ensured throughout the focusing range. This lens has a minimum focusing distance of 45cm (17.7”) and has maximum magnification of 1:7.4. It creates a very attractive blur, even when a small aperture is used.
This lens incorporates HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor), which ensures a quiet and high-speed AF as well as full-time manual focus override.
Fittings: Sigma, Canon, Nikon, Pentax*, Sony*
*If the camera body does not support HSM, auto focus will not be available.
Focal Length 50mm
Aperture Maximum: f/1.4
Camera Mount Type Nikon F
Format Compatibility Nikon FX/35mm Film
Angle of View 46.8°
Minimum Focus Distance 1.48' (45 cm)
Maximum Reproduction Ratio 1:7
Diaphragm Blades 9
Image Stabilization No
Tripod Collar No
Filter Thread 77 mm
Dimensions (DxL) Approx. 3.3 x 2.7" (8.38 x 6.86 cm)
Weight 1.11 lb (505 g)