• Tamron has unveiled the world’s first f/2.8 wideangle zoom for APS-C mirrorless cameras. The new 11-20mm F/2.8 Di III-A RXD is effectively an APS-C version of the firm’s excellent 17-28mm F/2.8 for full-frame, and designed to be the perfect companion to its recent 17-70mm F/2.8 Di III-A VC RXD standard zoom. Featuring moisture-resistant construction, along with a fluorine coating on the front element to repel water and oil, it looks like it should be a great choice for landscape photography, as well as architecture and interiors.
1. The world's first F2.8 ultra wide-angle zoom lens for APS-C mirrorless cameras
The 11-20mm F2.8 is a bona fide ultra wide-angle zoom lens with an aperture of F2.8 across the entire zoom range. Meanwhile, it is compact, light weight and very practical. You can enjoy the unique and powerful world of ultra wide-angle photography at the 11mm end (the full-frame equivalent of 16.5mm). Ideal for regular use, the 20mm focal length (the full-frame equivalent of 30mm) is well suited for casual snapshot photography such as street shooting. With its usefulness rooted in its compact, lightweight design and fast F2.8 aperture, the 11-20mm F2.8 provides an exciting shooting experience with greater freedom in diverse shooting situations.
2. Compact and light weight for superior usability
The 11-20mm F2.8 is only 86.2mm (3.4 in) in length and weighs just 335g (11.8 oz). For a fast-aperture F2.8 ultra wide-angle zoom lens, this is remarkably compact and light. When used with an APS-C mirrorless camera body, it enables photographers to enjoy a responsive image capture system without being hindered by the size or weight of the lens. It provides a comfortable user experience for still photography and for shooting video using a small tripod or gimbal stabilizer.
3. Outstanding optical performance
The 11-20mm F2.8 construction includes 12 elements in 10 groups. Two precisely located GM (Glass Molded Aspherical) lens elements assure high resolution across the entire image, from edge to edge. In addition, the 11-20mm F2.8 incorporates one XLD (eXtra Low Dispersion) and two LD (Low Dispersion) lens elements to produce sharp images with optical aberrations highly corrected. It also features the BBAR-G2 (Broad-Band Anti-Reflection Generation 2) Coating that suppresses ghosting and flare to a minimum level and reveals the minute details of objects even when the subject is backlit. The combination of features harmonizes to provide sharp images with natural colors and rich saturation.
4. MOD of 0.15m (5.9 in) at the 11mm focal length
The 11-20mm F2.8 boasts an MOD (Minimum Object Distance) of 0.15m (5.9 in) at the 11mm focal length setting and 0.24m (9.4 in) at the 20mm end. This results in better and more versatile close-range shooting performance than existing ultra wide-angle zoom lenses at their widest focal length. At the widest 11mm setting it has an astonishing maximum magnification ratio of 1:4 that enables wide-angle macro photography that parlays the perspective unique to ultra wide-angle lenses, while also leveraging the expressive bokeh provided by the fast, bright maximum aperture of this lens.
5. A user-friendly unified 67mm filter size across the series
The 11-20mm F2.8 is so light that the total weight of it and the 17-70mm F/2.8 Di III-A VC RXD (Model B070) standard zoom lens for Sony E-mount APS-C mirrorless cameras together is only approximately 860g (30.3 oz). The combination of these two lenses covers an extreme range of focal lengths from 11mm to 70mm (equivalent to 16.5mm to 105mm on full-frame cameras) with a fast, wide-open aperture of F2.8 at every focal length, thereby enabling the size and weight of an entire mirrorless system to be massively reduced without sacrificing capabilities. Same as TAMRON's nearly all lens models for Sony E-mount cameras, it has a unified 67mm filter size that allows reciprocal sharing of filters such as PL and ND, and lens caps.
6. The RXD (Rapid eXtra-silent stepping Drive) stepping motor unit is exceptionally quiet and perfect for video use
7. Moisture-Resistant Construction and Fluorine Coating provide extra protection
8. Compatible with many camera-specific features and functions, including Fast Hybrid AF and Eye AF
|Focal Length [mm]||11-20|
|Minimum Object Distance [m]||0.15m /5.9 in (WIDE), 0.24m /9.4 in (TELE)|
|Maximum Magnification Ratio||1:4 (WIDE) / 1:7.6 (TELE)|
|Filter Size [mm]||67|
|Angle of view||71° 35'-105° 20'|
|Diameter x Length [mm]||73mm x 86,2mm|