• Key features
• Incredibly sharp
• Three XA (extreme aspherical) elements ensure outstanding resolution in this F2.8 ultra-wide angle lens.
• Along with one aspherical element, two super ED and three ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass elements deliver high corner-to-corner resolution and beautiful bokeh, making this an excellent full frame lens for landscapes and starscapes.
• Beautifully smooth backgrounds
• A circular 9-blade aperture creates beautiful background bokeh defocus effects with a large aperture F2.8 that is constant throughout the entire zoom range on this Sony lens.
• Fast and precise
• Four XD Linear (Extreme Dynamic) Motors with their complex construction deliver faster and more accurate focusing than conventional lenses for both photography and videography.
• Amazing clarity and contrast
• New Sony Nano AR Coating II effectively eliminates light anomalies - such as flare and ghosting.
• Professional ergonomics
• A dust and moisture-resistant design, along with versatile controls make it ideal to use in the most difficult scenarios - both indoors and outdoors.
• Dynamic perspectives
• With an ultra-wide 12mm angle of view, create dynamic perspectives that are beyond the scope of the human eye.
Ultra-wide F2.8 12-24mm zoom
At the 12mm end of its range, this 12-24mm constant F2.8 zoom lens offers an ultra-wide angle of view. An innovative optical design works with Sony’s advanced XD Linear Motors to deliver outstanding G Master image quality in a lightweight lens that also features fast, precise autofocus, smooth control, and solid reliability.
Bright F2.8 maximum aperture from 12mm to 24mm
The ultra-wide 12mm angle of view available with this versatile lens makes it possible to emphasise distance and create dynamic perspectives that are beyond the scope of the human eye. Expand your artistic palette with deep, engaging visual imagery.
Innovative optics with the largest XA element in any α lens
Three XA (extreme aspherical) elements, including the largest ever made, combine with one aspherical element in an innovative optical design that achieves stunning G Master resolution throughout the image area. Two Super ED (Extra-low Dispersion) and three ED glass elements suppress chromatic aberration, and a new Nano AR Coating II minimises flare and ghosting for clear, crisp imagery.
Constant F2.8 brightness
12-24mm zoom with a constant F2.8 maximum aperture is ideal for shooting night scenes, starry skies, and other low-light subjects at low sensitivities without having to use extremely slow shutter speeds.
Ultra-wide angles and large aperture in a small, lightweight zoom
An advanced optical design with four aspherical elements, including three XA types, plus a mechanical design that features Sony’s original XD linear motors, in a compact, lightweight 12-24mm constant F2.8 zoom that delivers stunning image quality. In addition to being ideal for landscapes, night scenes, and architecture, this lens provides extra mobility for active sports photographers who shoot wide angles.
XD Linear Motors for fast, accurate AF and reliable tracking
Four XD Linear Motors, two for each of the lens’s focus groups, contribute to fast, precise autofocus and tracking that make full use of the speed potential provided by high-performance α camera bodies. New control algorithms maximise the response of the XD Linear Motor system while achieving flawless synchronisation between the focus groups. Operation is also quiet with minimal vibration.
Control and reliability for professional applications
A focus hold button, focus mode switch, zoom ring, focus ring, and other controls are designed and positioned for easy operation and a smooth workflow. Alternative functions that support the user’s individual shooting needs can be assigned to the focus hold button via camera body menu settings. A fluorine front element coating plus a dust and moisture resistant design ensure high reliability in challenging environments.
|35mm full frame|
|35MM EQUIVALENT FOCAL-LENGTH (APS-C)|
|LENS GROUPS / ELEMENTS|
|ANGLE OF VIEW (35MM)|
|ANGLE OF VIEW (APS-C)|
|MAXIMUM APERTURE (F)|
|MINIMUM APERTURE (F)|
|MINIMUM FOCUS DISTANCE|
|0.28 m(0.92 ft)|
|MAXIMUM MAGNIFICATION RATIO (X)|
|FILTER DIAMETER (MM)|
|IMAGE STABILIZATION (STEADYSHOT)|
|TELECONVERTER COMPATIBILITY (X1.4)|
|TELECONVERTER COMPATIBILITY (X2.0)|
|Petal shape, fixed type|