Easy-to-carry, DX-format standard zoom lens providing genuine performance that facilitates shooting for amazing image quality anytime, anywhere
- Thin lens design is achieved without sacrificing optical performance, which results in a weight of approx. 135 g. And the adoption of a retractable-lens mechanism that shortens the length when stored results in outstanding portability.
- Featuring a highly practical zoom range* from wide-angle 16 mm to medium-telephoto 50 mm, this lens is ideal for a wide variety of scenes and subjects.
- * Angle of view is equivalent to that of a 24-75mm lens in FX/35mm format.
- Utilizing an extremely short minimum focus distance of 0.2 m/0.66 ft (at 24 mm zoom position), even close subjects can be sharply focused for beautiful images.
- With superb VR effect equivalent to a shutter speed 4.5 stops faster*, even for scenes such as night landscapes and low-light indoor situations, image blur caused by camera shake is effectively compensated.
- * This value is achieved when attached to a mirrorless camera equipped with an APS-C size image sensor, and when zoom is set to the maximum telephoto position.
- Genuine movie recording performance is achieved by intensive consideration even of details such as focus-breathing compensation and minimized operational sound.
- Easy-to-operate control ring to which various functions such as focus (M/A), ISO sensitivity, aperture or exposure compensation can be assigned facilitates comfortable still and movie shooting.