• Large LCD (2.7")
• Full featured Ambient-Flash modes including new T-F mode. Measure, compare, and mix ambient and flash displayed on a color, touch screen for beautiful, controlled, results
• - DTS Exposure Profiling matches the meter to the performance of your camera (requires separate Sekonic or X-rite exposure targets and 5-degree finder for L-478). Precise exposure and lighting starts with precise, repeatable metering.
• Cine/HD Cine modes for today's HDSLR and Video Cine cameras. Effortlessly switch between HDSLR and Cine for exact exposure settings in exact increments for both
• Infinite frame rate and shutter angle selection. Create special settings for special applications. Video cine cameras are becoming boundless. Metering should be too
• Unique, light-source filtration compensation mode. Finally, precise control lighting using industry standard CTO/CTB/ND types at the touch of a finger
• Illumination measurement and extended ISO range. Lighting design and exposure in a single tool. ISO and exposure settings to match today's digital cameras
Sekonic L-478D LiteMaster Pro
Sekonic's new LITEMASTER PRO L-478D meter is the world's first touch-screen-operated light meter. It has an array of unique, must-have features for both motion and still story tellers. Its compact size is both instantly familiar and comfortable to use. The large LCD (2.7") displays ambient, flash, cine and a host of other information in a clear and understandable way. Settings are made by simply touching or sliding a finger over the screen.
The L-478D can be quickly calibrated to your camera using Sekonic's Data Transfer software and either Sekonic or X-Rite Brand targets or by manually inputting data to the DTS program or on the meter itself.
The L-478 series offer the following languages in the interface: Japanese, English and Chinese. Depending on the country where the meter is purchased, the language is fixed and cannot be changed by the user.
Please be sure to check the language before purchase.
Type: Digital exposure meter for ambient and flash light
Receptor Head: Rotating Domed Head 90° to the right, 180° to the left, Retractable for Contrast Reading
Light Receiving Method: Incident light and reflected light
Receptor Incident Light: Dome retracts for contrast readings
Receptor Reflected Light:5° Viewfinder (Separate Accessory)
Light Receptor Element:2-Silicon photo diodes (incident and reflected)
Measuring Range and Modes
Measuring Modes Ambient Light :- TF Priority
- HD Cine - Shutter priority metering, FPS (Frame Rate Priority) metering, Lux/FC
- Cine - FPS (Frame Rate Priority) metering, Shutter Angle setting, Lux/FC
- Simple brightness measurement (foot-lambert, cd/m2
- Simple illumination measurement (lux, foot-candle)
- Aperture priority metering
- EV metering
- Shutter priority metering
Measuring Modes Flash: - Without synchro cord (cumulative and non-cumulative)
- With synchro cord (cumulative and non-cumulative)
Measuring Range (ISO 100) Ambient Light:- Incident light EV-2 to EV 22.9
- Reflected light EV3 to EV 19.9 (requires accessory sold separately)
Measuring Range (ISO 100) Flash:- Incident Light f/1.0 to f/128.9
- Reflected Light f/2.8 to f/128.9 (requires accessory sold separately)
Measuring Range Illuminance:0.63 to 2000000lux - 0.10 to 180000FC
Measuring Range Brightness:1 to 980000 cd/m2 - 0.29 to 290000 foot lamberts
Display Range and Modes
Display Range Film Speed:ISO 3 to 409600 (in 1/3 steps)
Display Range Shutter Speeds Ambient:30 min to 1/64,000 sec. (in 1, 1/2, 1/3 steps) plus 1/200, 1/400
Display Range Shutter Speeds Flash:30 min to 1/1000 sec. (in 1, 1/2, 1/3 steps) plus 1/75, 1/80, 1/90, 1/100, 1/200, 1/400
Display Range Aperture:f/0.5 to f/161.2 (in 1, 1/2, 1/3 steps)
Battery(Power):(2) Type AAA 1.5V Battery Alkaline, Manganese, Lithium, NiCad, NiMH, nickel types