• Key features
• Uncompromising optical performance in a compact body
• Optimised with the latest optical design technology, the 16-28mm F2.8 DG DN |
• Contemporary is a high-performance optic that delivers exceptional image quality
• despite its compact size. The two large-diameter aspherical lens elements and five
• perfectly arranged FLD glass elements (whose characteristics mirror that of fluorite) keep
• the lens light and compact while effectively suppressing the lateral and vertical chromatic
• aberrations that often diminish the image quality of other ultra-wide lens designs. The lens also
• utilises the advanced digital correction capabilities of modern cameras to enable it to achieve
• such impressive image quality in such a small body.
• An F2.8 constant aperture gives a shallow depth-of-field for blurry out-of-focus areas, which is especially
• useful when shooting close-ups. The bokeh is smooth and circular thanks to the nine rounded diaphragm
• blades, which means the background never distracts from the in-focus subject. Sigma has also taken extensive
• measures to counter ghosting and lens flare, which are caused by reflections inside the lens barrel. The Super
• Multi-Layer Coating ensures that the 16-28mm F2.8 DG DN | Contemporary delivers punchy, high contrast
• results even in the most difficult of backlit conditions.
Additional features • Lens construction: 16 elements in 11 groups, with 5 FLD and 4 aspherical lens elements • Inner zoom • Inner focus system • Compatible with high-speed autofocus • Stepping Motor • Compatible with front filter (Φ72mm) • Compatible with Lens Aberration Correction
The full-frame SIGMA 16-28mm F2.8 DG DN | Contemporary combines exceptional optical quality, a bright F2.8 constant aperture and a robust and lightweight body, opening up new possibilities for L-Mount and Sony E-mount shooters who need professional results in a compact package.
With its excellent field curvature correction, the 16-28mm F2.8 DG DN | Contemporary is able to achieve exceptional edge-to-edge sharpness, which is essential for most wide-angle applications. It boasts five FLD elements and four aspherical lens elements to ensure optimal image quality with minimal aberrations. The lens has an inner zoom mechanism that keeps overall length consistent throughout the entire zoom range, helping it feel balanced in the hand. The inner zoom also means the lens’ center of gravity stays fairly constant, so it’s perfect for gimbal use. A front filter thread allows filters to be attached more easily.
The lens boasts an exceptionally compact form-factor, weighing in at just 450g and measuring just 100.6mm in length*, which makes it a highly practical optic that is portable enough for everyday shooting. It’s especially appealing for landscape, wedding and travel photographers who need to carry their kit for long periods.
Lightweight, versatile and extremely capable, SIGMA’s 16-28mm F2.8 DG DN | Contemporary offers photographers effortless freedom at the ultra-wide end.
|11 groups, 16 elements (5 FLD and 4 aspherical lens elements)|
|Angle of View|
|Number of Diaphragm Blades|
|9 (rounded diaphragm)|
|Minimum Focusing Distance|
|25cm / 9.9in.|
|Maximum Magnification Ratio|
|Dimensions (Diameter × Length)|
|φ77.2mm × 100.6mm / φ3.0in. × 4.0in.|
|φ77.2mm × 102.6mm / φ3.0in. × 4.0in.|
|450g / 15.9oz.|
|450g / 15.9oz.|
|Petal-type lens hood (LH756-01), Front Cap (LCF-72 III), Rear Cap (LCR II)|